The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will conduct the Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) exam 2023 on August 20, 2023. Candidates who have already applied for the CTET exam must check the exam guidelines and follow them carefully to appear in the exam. It must be noted that the CTET exam is conducted in pen and paper mode (offline mode). The CTET 2023 exam is to be conducted to fill primary and upper primary level teachers. Candidates who are supposed to appear in the exam must check these guidelines. Download PDF
CTET 2023 Exam Guidelines
Here are some of the exam guidelines that must be followed by the candidates to appear in the exam:
- Candidates must cover their face and nose with a mask to follow the covid-19 guidelines.
- Social distancing must be followed.
- Exchanging anything in the exam hall is not allowed.
- Candidates must use safe transportation and travel safely to appear in the exam.
- Avoid contact with strangers.
- Dispose used tissues and masks in the closed dustbin.
- Try to maintain hygiene in washrooms.
- Candidates must avoid touching their mouth, nose and eyes.
- Avoid hand shaking or physical contact with anyone.
- Spitting is not allowed in the exam hall.
- Candidates must make sure they are not infected with any kind of virus.
- Must seek medications if any symptoms of covid-19 are found in any candidates.
Items to be Carried to CTET Exam Hall
Here is a list of essentials that must be carried to the exam hall:
- Face mask
- CTET 2023 Admit card
- Identity card
- Face mask
- Hand gloves
- Personal hand sanitizer
- Transparent water bottle
CTET Exam Pattern 2023
CTET exam is conducted in offline mode. The exam consists of multiple-choice questions. The total time duration is 2 hours 30 minutes.
|Name of the Exam
|Central Teachers Eligibility Test 2023 (CTET)
|Mode of Exam
|Paper I and Paper II
|Paper I and Paper II
|Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
|CTET Exam Time Duration
|2 hours 30 minutes each
|Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
|CTET Marking Scheme
|1 mark is allotted per question. No negative marking
|Total Number of Questions
|150 questions in each paper
CTET 2023 Exam Day Instructions
Candidates must follow these exam instructions to appear in the CTET exam:
- Candidates must visit the CTET exam center about 1 hour before the exam time to avoid any inconvenience in travel.
- Candidates must carry the CTET admit card to the exam hall; otherwise, they will not be allowed to appear in the exam or enter the exam hall.
- Candidates must carry a valid photo ID along with the admit card.
- Candidates must follow all the COVID-19 instructions, must wear gloves and face masks.
- The staff will perform a proper sanitization of the exam hall along with hand sanitizer at different parts.
- The staff will check the candidates’ temperatures with thermal guns to find any symptoms.
- All the candidates must follow the social distancing of 6 fit.
CTET 2023 Admit Card
The commission issues the admit card in online mode on its official website – https://ctet.nic.in/ . All the candidates must download the admit card from the official website and must bring it to the exam hall. All the details regarding the exam center, timing, etc, will be mentioned on the admit card.